(subject to change)
The Motion uses a format similar to public forum debate.
Upon arrival, each audience member will receive two ballots indicating their stance for, against, or undecided on the evening's motion.
The moderator will make opening remarks, and give a brief lesson on one or more facets of debate. First ballots will be collected from the audience and tallied, indicating the preliminary temperature of the room.
- Debater #1 (Arguing for the motion) - 5 minutes
- Debater #2 (Arguing against the motion) - 5 minutes
- Debater #3 (Arguing for the motion) - 5 minutes
- Debater #4 (Arguing against the motion) - 5 minutes
- Questions exchanged between both teams, with supplementary questions from the moderator and audience - 30 minutes
- Debater #2 Summary - 3 minutes
- Debater #1 Summary - 3 minutes
- Debater #4 Summary - 3 minutes
- Debater #3 Summary - 3 minutes
*Each team will have a total of five minutes prep time, which can be taken during any moment throughout the debate, in increments or all at once.
Second ballots will be collected from the audience and tallied. The team with highest percentage differential is the winner.
(i.e. Audience voting for the motion: 1st ballot (40%) // 2nd ballot (47%) = +7% differential
Audience voting against the motion: 1st ballot (20%) // 2nd ballot (35%) = +15% differential and WINNER)